Monday 19 September 2011

The Nazis- opinion


*** I am not certain of the date of this astonishing poster, although I am quite sure it is from the 1930’s. This poster makes the most direct Christological comparison I’ve seen. Just as a dove descended on Christ when he was baptised by John the Baptist, so what looks to be an eagle hovers against the light of heaven over an idealized Hitler. The text: “Long live Germany!.” Courtesy of Dr. Robert D. Brooks ***



*** This poster promotes Hitler’s 1936 referendum. Since it quotes SchwabianGauleiter Karl Wahl, I assume it comes from his area. Hitler is quoted as saying: “I ask the German people to strengthen my faith and to lend me its strength so that I will always and everywhere have the strength to fight for its honor and freedom, to work for its economic prosperity, and particularly to strenthen me in my struggles for genuine peace.” Karl Wahl says: “German women and men, it is in your own interest to fulfill the Führer’s request and vote on 29 March 1936. Be loyal to him who is loyal!” Courtesy of Dr. Robert D. Brooks ***




*** This one is intended for Flemish speaking Belgians, urging them to join the SS Langemarck Division. The caption in red says: “Our answer: Pick up your arms and fight!” The soldiers are attacking England, personified by a Jew with the Union Jack ***


No comments:

Post a Comment